Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One of My Crazy Days

So yesterday I woke up ready to start my planned day. First, get up and do some usual housework, get the kids ready for tennis and leave my house by 8:45. Well, Ryder was lying in my bed not acting like himself so I felt his head and he was warm, and his temp. was 100.3. Well that didn't stop me from carrying on. After sitting for 21/2 hrs at tennis and also taking Ashlyn to gymnastics we went home. Ryder still was not acting well so I checked his temp. again and it was now 103.6. We ended up at the doctors and the doctor was puzzled so he sent us to the hospital for some blood tests and a chest x-ray. The test results would take a couple of hours so Brandon took the kids home and I headed to Walmart. On my way to Walmart I received a call saying that Ryder was diagnosed with pneumonia in his left lung. ( poor kid) In the meantime, Brandon calls and says to hurry because I always take toooo long doing my shopping. I did take too long and I was feeling a little pressure so I left and was not paying any attention to the speedometer, and to my surprise I see flashing lights and i am now getting pulled over. In my mind it's because I am driving my husbands new little civic and he thinks I'm a teenager trying to be cool. So he approaches the car and I simply ask ," Did you pull me over because I'm driving this new civic"? He says ,"you were going 53 mph in a 40 mph zone and passing cars along the way." I then gave him my Arizona license , which because of my laziness I have neglected to get my Utah license, which should have been done almost 3 yrs. ago. He again looks at me and says in a scary voice, " You only have 90 days to get it changed." I said, "please don't get me on that too." While he went to do the paper work , tears filled my eyes because I was feeling sorry for Ryder and for myself and wondering if anything else could go wrong today. The police officer came to my window and said," It's your lucky day, I didn't give you a ticket." I then, started to complain to him about my day and then realized that I knew him from high school and he became so nice once he realized it was me. My goal today, first is to get Ryder feeling better and second is to get my license changed. Sorry to ramble on but, this was a crazy day for me.

13 comments:

marcie said...

Ang- I am laughing at your totally crazy day. If it's not one thing, it's ten... right? Have a better day today!

Steph said...

I feel for you! I've had crazy days like that before too. I hope you have a better day today, and I hope Ryder is feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything at all. xoxo

Lisa said...

Angie- Sorry you had a crazy day!! Once in while we need a day like this to realize we can handle more than we think we can!! :) I hope Ryder gets better soon! Lis

Todd and Heidi said...

Sorry you had a crazy day! Hope Ryder is feeling better!

Brian & Kerrian said...

Your poor thing!!!! I am so glad that Ryder is feeling better today. Hope we get to see you at Classic tomorrow!!! SO glad you didn't get a ticket!!!!

Tracie said...

I'm sorry you had such a busy(crapy) day. seriously call me if you need help with tennis(although it is almost over). 718-4131

Tracie Maynard

heysparkles said...

Oh NO! I hate the red and blues...glad he gave you a break...
Last month I got caught in the intersection on 90th South under the I15 freeway...the light changed and I was about 3/4 of the way through...well the local law (woman) officer thought I had jumped in the intersection on purpose...(I didn't but she didn't care.) I got the ticket! What ever...(for bloocking an intersection) first ticket in 36 years! (Hurt both my feelings!) I went to traffic school and paid my $115.00 fine :{
Fun to spend time with your family Angie, thanks for all you do for Lisa.

rkkorth said...

I hope Ryder is feeling better. I got a ticket last month for not changing my license too!! The irony is that I'd already been pulled over a few weeks earlier and given a warning about it. I just didn't really think it was a big deal. You're smarter than me to get it taken care of ;)

AmyGhiz said...

Angie- I've never posted a comment but I just had to because I still have my AZ license and have been pulled over for speeding and been reprimanded for not having a new UT license. And yes, I've lived here for almost three years too! Maybe we should plan a day to go get our new licenses together. Hope Ryder is feeling better!

Noriane said...

Oh Angie, I feel so bad for you! Well at least you didn't get a ticket. It is interesting how everything seems to fall apart all at once, isn't it?

Thanks for coming to my party last night, it was a lot of fun!

Heather Ann said...

What a sweet talker! hehe.. But a bonus that you new the guy! I hope your little guy is feeling better soon! SO SAD!! It was fun seeing ya last night! YOu LoOKED Darling, as usual!

Brian said...

Wow.. you lucked out! I hope all your kids get feeling better this week.

Jon and Emily said...

Admit it...you flirted with the officer, didn't you? Sorry about Ryder, hope he's feeling better.